Researcher Assistance and Services
- Services and Subscriptions
If you need personal instruction on how to find or use any of the library's resources, a librarian can help. Please Ask a Librarian for more information.
|Web of Science||Indexes articles only in peer reviewed journals and some open access
journals in the physical and social sciences. Includes the number of times
papers are cited.
View Web of Science search tips
Log-in may be required.
|Research Databases||Online resource that contains articles and information from print sources such as magazines, newspapers, journals and reference books. Provide access to resources across a wide spectrum of topic and subject areas. Database content can be easily searchable by: keywords, title, author or subject.|
|Science Careers||Matches qualified scientists with jobs in industry, academia, and government - providing all the necessary career resources for scientists as well as effective recruiting solutions for employers.|
|Online Style Guides||List of various citation reference and communications style guides.|
|Books 24x7||Read and search full-text e-books in the computing field. Provides leading
on demand business, technical and engineering content containing thousands of
digitized "best-in class" books, book summaries, research reports and best
Log-in is required.
|UCAR/NCAR Acronyms||List that decodes the full names of instruments, computer models, field programs, and other acronyms encountered frequently in the atmospheric and related sciences. This list is for reference only and will not be updated for future use.|
|Educational Resources||List of UCAR sponsored programs and websites promoting science education including images, visualizations and educational resources.|
|Zotero||An free online research managment, writing and collaboartion tool.
View Zotero tutorials.
|Mendeley||An open source citation management tool which organizes citations and
offers social networking tools and features to facilitate and support research
and scientific discovery.
View a Mendeley tutorial.
|EndNoteWeb||Organize citations and and create bibliographic lists for reseach and
View an EndNote tutorial.
|Weather and Climate Data||Collection of local, national, and international weather resources.|
- Meet with a Librarian
- Request-It - InterLibrary loan
- Check out, renew or request resources
- Publishing an NCAR Technical Note
- Write, cite and publish?
- Copyright and electronic resources
- Open access fact sheet
- Finding Library materials (articles, books, reports, etc.)
- Research databases
- e-journals: titles A-Z | by subject
- NCAR Library catalog
- NCAR Archives
- Scientific data management
- Transparent Language Online is an online language learning application available to the UCAR/NCAR/UCP community. This product offers free remote access anytime from anywhere for over 80 languages. It provides personal progress tracking as well as audio pronunciation analysis featuring speed control.
- SkillPort is a web-based gateway to learning resources for skills improvement, professional development, performance support, and more. Use SkillPort's easy-to-navigate interface to find answers to questions, develop professional skills, and take targeted learning.
- Books 24x7 provides leading on-demand business, technical and engineering content containing thousands of digitized "best-in class" books, book summaries, research reports and best practices. The Books24x7 On Demand Platform enables users to search, browse, read and collaborate with other users of these vast professional libraries.
- Write, cite and publish page provides links and information on how to publish your work at UCAR.