2018 NCAR Library Survey
The NCAR Library conducted a survey in 2018. A summary of the survey's results can be found here: Library Survey 2018 Report (.pdf).
- Overall satisfaction with the NCAR Library remains extraordinarily high; only 2% of the respondents reported dissatisfaction.
- None of the respondents expressed dissatisfaction with the NCAR Library staff.
- Access to scientific e-journals is critical to the vast majority of respondents.
- 85% of scientists indicate that the partnership with CU Libraries has been beneficial to their daily work.
- Findability: 79% of respondents say that materials are easy to find, however, the survey provided numerous indicators that access to CU materials needs to be easier.
- OpenSky is used for a variety of purposes, and the results indicate an opportunity for the library to re-examine the goals of OpenSky.
- Opinions about library facilities are varied: people want access to a comfortable and flexible place to conduct research, as well as a technologically-adept place to collaborate.