Mission and Strategic Plan
We deliver expert information services in support of the life cycles of scientific research, technology development, and NCAR|UCAR operations. We enable fundamental science and application development through information science expertise and high-touch library, archives, and data services.
- Community. Foster spaces that are catalysts for scientific discovery, creativity, and collaboration.
- Knowledge equity. Embrace and cultivate diversity, equity, and inclusivity in Library & Archives services and collections.
- Legacy. Advance and preserve the history and unique culture of NCAR|UCAR in the broader field of Earth system science.
- Patron-centered. Pursue user centered and data driven improvements to Library & Archives services and technologies within the institutional ecosystem of software, (meta)data, users, and communities.
- Service excellence. Deliver high-quality information and data services enabling NCAR|UCAR to conduct, share, and preserve innovative and fundamental research across the scientific community.