How It Works: Library Book Club Kits
Book Club Kit
Check out a Book Club Kit and you'll get a bag containing:
- 10 copies of the book
- Discussion questions and supplemental material
How It Works
- The Book Club Leader (that's you!) can check out a Book Club Kit from the NCAR Library. The bag will contain 10 books and discussion questions.
- The leader hands out books to Book Club Participants.
- Have a book club meeting. Or a series of meetings. It's up to you!
- Optional: invite a librarian to your meeting to help with facilitation.
- Anyone who works at UCAR/NCAR/UCP can check out a Book Club Kit.
- Email email@example.com and a librarian will arrange for you to pick up your kit at either ML Library or FL Library.
- You can check out the kit for 3 months.
- Kits must be returned complete to FL Library or ML Library.
One Hour Book Club
Don't have time to read an entire book? We also offer a One Hour Book Club with a selection of materials and discussion questions. Librarians put together a One-Hour Book Club for each topic to get someone up to speed quickly.
Suggested Discussion Ground Rules
We recommend using the UCAR Ground Rules + Tools for Facilitating Productive Discussions and limiting the size to 15 participants, or breaking into smaller groups, for optimal discussion. Use the discussion questions provided as a starting point for the conversation.
Consider using the Guide to Organizing Inclusive Scientific Meetings for tangible steps to create more inclusive and equitable discussion group.