Check Out, Renew, or Request Resources
All NCAR/UCAR/UCP employees and official visitors may borrow library resources.
Obtaining Library Materials:
- Find the item you need in the NCAR Library catalog.
- You have the option of finding the book yourself, and using the self-checkout machine to check out the book to your account.
- You can place the item on hold and library staff will email you to arrange pickup or delivery.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any trouble.
- See the Circulation page for more details.
Circulation and Renewals
Checked out items currently have no due date. Once we enter the Green phase, we will set return dates accordingly.
If you would like to return library materials, there is a book return slot at the north entrance of the FL Library, and one attached to the ML Library information desk.
Questions regarding circulation: email email@example.com
Request Materials Not Held by the NCAR Library
If you need resources that you cannot find at the NCAR Library, please use our Interlibrary Loan form.
- Journals and similar documents will be emailed as PDF files.
- You can also request that an item be purchased.
- Other types of materials will be handled on a case-by-case basis.
- We are unable to borrow print materials from other libraries until further notice.
The NCAR Library's mission is to provide services and technologies to enhance scientific discovery, collaboration, and innovative methods in research. To this end, if you feel your requested materials would be beneficial to the NCAR Library collection, please indicate this on the Interlibrary Loan form.